Can The Bible Help Me With My Finances?

Can the Bible help me with my finances? Yes it can.

The reason I am saying that is that I found answers there that helped me with my own personal finances. There was a time in my life when my curiosity peaked and I spent a year researching only the passages of Scripture that pertained to finances. To my surprise I found multiple references to this subject called money. To say it peaked my interest is an understatement.

There are over 7,000 promises in the Bible and over 2,000 of these promises deal with money. Jesus spoke more about finances than he did about heaven, hell, and his second coming. Beginning in the book of Genesis we see concepts about money that still apply today.

To begin we need to look at some concepts about money that are outlined in the Scriptures;

1) The love of money is the root of all evil - there are so many crimes committed not because of money but because of an unhealthy love towards it. If we loved money less we would treat strangers better. People are reluctant to give because they can not see letting go of money.

2) You cannot serve God and money- God never says that He wants us poor; however he also never promised we would all be millionaires. His desire for us is that we seek Him first and not make the pursuit of money our life goal. We need to have enough resources to meet our family needs.

3) The worker is worthy of his wages - God believes in fairness. He wants us to be properly compensated for the work we do. Contrary to some beliefs, God wants us to work hard and be paid well for all that we do.

4) We must be content to experience joy with money - Money with joy is great. Nothing beats having money and people whom you love that you can share it with. You can have the best of both worlds with money and joy. That should make everyone happy.

5) Debt enslaves so we should strive to be debt free - Do the best you can to pay off your debts. The borrower is servant to the lender and being anyone's slave by force is not good. Financial freedom is God's plan for us all.

6) Your gifts make room for you - The gifts God has blessed you with are designed to make a place for you in the marketplace. Don't sell yourself short.

Follow the Bible's guidelines on money and watch your personal and company finances improve.

I dare you!

at 5:00 PM
Back to Top